Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Old Traditional Polish Cuisine Food Truck

Today I had absolutely no intention in buying lunch off a food truck. But I walked past this one on the way back from Wholefoods, and the menu looked quite interesting. So I stopped by (at 55th & Broadway) and ordered some food from the Old Traditional Polish Cuisine Foodtruck. They are usually at different locations throughout the day, so it's best to check their website for where they are (polishtrucknyc.com).


The menu is not extensive (which is what I like, so I can make my mind up in a minute). There's just about 6 items.

I had the Lite Combo which consisted of a grilled kielbasy (the sausage), 4 potato/cheese pierogi (the ravioli looking thing), a pickle and a bread. I must say I really like the potato pierogi. Didn't taste like potato, but whatever it was, it was really really yummy. The sausage was a tad salty, but goes very well with the bread together with some mustard on the side, and sauce (which I think is oil) on the base of the box that tasted fairly yummy too. I give this dish a 4/5 just because the pierogi was 5stars. However for $10... I think it's a tad too expensive. I would pay about $8-9 for it. A double digit pricing just doesn't feel right for food off a food truck. Would I go back for it? Probably only if I had a huge cravings for the pierogi.


Other stuff on the menu: