Saturday, July 26, 2014

Cancun

We met up with my friend for dinner. Haven't seen her since secondary school days. The criteria for our dinner was that it had to accommodate 3 babies (well, a 4 year old, a 1.5 year old and a 7 month old) plus 4 adults, of which one is a vegetarian. So I began my search on yelp for Mexican / Southwestern food around midtown west. Here's where we landed up...

Cancun
937 Eighth Ave (between 55th & 56th)

We were ushered to the back of the restaurant into a partial booth location so Nimisha's (my friend) two girls could sit in the booth. I brought Long Shane's portable baby chair so I just strapped him to one of those adult chairs. But yes this restaurant does have a baby chair available for their customers.



While waiting for Zhicheng to arrive, we started off with some Guacamole, Salsa and chips. The salsa was terrible and watery, but the guacamole was one of the best I've tried. 

So I ordered a Chicken Mole for my mains. This dish is really nice. The sauce on the chicken was something different and I haven't tried this version of sauce in any Mexican restaurant. 

Chicken Mole

Zhicheng ordered a Chirizo casserole. This dish was a hit too. Our friend ordered the vegetarian casserole and he said it was really good too.

Chorizo Casserole

Overall, I like the food in the restaurant. But what we had pretty bad service. They forgot to bring Z's water until the end of the meal and we were ignored a fair bit.
Here's what I would rate this place...
Food : 4.5/5
Price : 4/5
Service: 1.5/5

And there was a mandatory 18% gratuity. For this crap service, I would have tipped a max of 10%.

Would I return? 
No. There are other Mexican restaurants that serves food as good with better dining experience.