Friday, July 18, 2014

Halal Guys

Hogg

Everyone raves about the halal guys... so i had to try this to see whether they live up to the hype. Since the queue today was not as long as it usually is... I decided to join in the queue. (They are usually on 53rd and 6th Ave) I still waited for a good 20 mins though!

I typically order the lamb over rice. And just so I'm comparing apples to apples, I ordered the lamb over rice too.


The verdict.... the portions was really huge. The lamb was cooked to perfection... not burnt like some of the other lamb over rice I've had in the past. Also, the chilli sauce they had was a little different from the other stores. This one was spicy hot and very very nice.

Would I queue so long for this? Well... not really. If it were a 5 mins wait... maybe. But definitely will not queue past 10 mins. There are other stores that does their lamb over rice equally well (with exception of the extra spicy chilli sauce).

 $6 Lamb over Rice from the Halal Guys