Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Day 58 - Jan 29

Shane got back his pacifier and it feels like we have much more peace in the house (less crying!). Seems like the pacifier works better for us, but I guess we can only tell months / years down the line if it's good for the baby. Future issues associated with pacifiers could also have other causes. So well, let's take it one step at a time.

We find that this week, Shane has gotten so much more interactive during the day which is awesome. We get to play with him a lot more and that makes Grandma especially a happy person.


I have started looking for soft padding for the floor as we have been putting Shane on the cold hard floor. I recall seeing the foam A-B-C mats at play centers and I figured it'll be nice to have even when he's a bit older. So as usual, I started googling which brand to buy. What I ended up reading was a bunch of articles saying that foam mats were not safe, and there are no manufacturers that will produce test results on formamide emissions from EVA Manufacturing process. I only thought I had to look out for PVC free and formamide free. Aiks, turns out there's more. Sian. So here's the link if you wanna know more:
http://www.safbaby.com/the-latest-on-eva-foam-puzzle-mats-and-why-theyre-still-not-safe-for-your-baby

New toy! Though I'm pretty sure Shane will outgrow this really quickly.