Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Day 57 - Jan 28

Today we took Shane to see the lactation consultant. He's now 13lb 7 oz (6.1kg). Ahh... That's why my hand hurts. Way too heavy!

So it seems like he's been over fed considering that he feeds less than 2 hours interval (yes I feed on demand) and for a really short period. All his comfort feeding had also given him loads of gas. So he gets really uncomfy and does the whole constipated crouching tiger hidden dragon pose.

The LC said to try to carry him on the sling to soothe him and I said that I tried and he hates it. So apparently there's this shop just down the road from where I live that does sling advice. Probably warrants a trip there to see how right /wrong I'm using the sling.

Also, I was told by the LC that I could use the pacifier more when he's screaming at home. We have sort of stopped with the paci just because we're worried about all the orthodontics issues and speech issues that  comes along later in life. So I read this website that really made me think hard. (http://www.babycareadvice.com/babycare/general_help/article.php?id=79). No conclusion yet. As a stop gap measure from over feeding, i have decided to just give him the paci only if he screams before his feed. If he's really hungry he'll continue to scream. No more comfort feeding & over feeding