Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 35 - Jan 4

A very tiring night with the baby waking every hour to feed...
As long as he doesn't cry, I think I'm good waking up more often. Let's hope this growth spurt ends soon. 

In the day, Shane wants to be carried all the time, else he wouldn't sleep. I'm not sure if this is part of the growth spurt needs or it's becoming a habit. So fortunately, there's grandma to help put him to sleep.


Cradle Cap
Shane has started developing cradle cap over the last few days. This is basically baby dandruff and causes the baby skin to peel.

The Cradle Cap on his forehead - only the front bit smells terrible!

It apparently resolves by itself. Today, it got really smelly. (Babies are supposed to smell really nice, but the area with the cradle cap stinks of sour milk.) So I don't know how long I can wait with the sour milk smell on the head.

The solution - use baby shampoo or baby oil. We're trying to keep manufactured products off the baby for the time being. So today I washed his head with some warm water. Lo and behold… as I was rubbing his dandruff / flaky skin, his hair fell out with the dried skin. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be the case, but it does not seem like it is supposed to. Well, since it's a Saturday night, the only time I can phone the doctor is on Sunday. Hopefully it doesn't fall off any longer.

Photo of the Day


Oh, and we retired a few more outfits, and took new ones out.
Thanks Angie, Chee Kian & Megan for this really cute panda outfit.