Thursday, February 13, 2014

Day 73 - Feb 13

My trial on probiotics (for myself) worked well.

When Shane was born, someone told me to take probiotics which is good for relieving gas. It's basically good bacteria like what you get eating yoghurt and drinking yakult. Since I wanted to be all natural and no funny nonsense for the baby, I decided to skip that piece of advice.

Over the last month, Shane has been having lots of gas , and sometimes he curls up in pain and cries. I suddenly remembered what I was told and decided to try it out to see if it works. I spoke to the lactation consultant and the pediatrician to see if it was OK or not if I took probiotics (because it will come through the breast milk), and I was given the green light.

Since I got the order of probiotics in the mail through Amazon about 12 days ago, I've been taking it, and I haven't yet seen an episode of his gassy pains up until…. 2 days ago when I decided to stop taking it. Today, he little boy was all curled up again and cried in pain. I don't think it was a co-incidence, so well, i'm back on probiotics again.