Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Co-Sleeping

Yes we have written a post about co-sleeping. So till today we still go to bed with Shane, but now he's at the side of the bed (instead of in between us). Currently we built a "wall" at the edge of the bed - lined with pillows and a blanket...

We are at the point where Shane is able to roll over by himself from back to front at any time. He's already learnt to do the 90 degree roll to the side, and we see him moving his legs a lot, and trying to do the 180 deg flip from back to front! So co-sleeping with him on the side of the bed is now not the safest thing to do.

Just trying to decide over a few options. 

1. Bed Rails
They're not bad, and go for about $40. The reviews I read for the Safety First suggest that this is a pretty good option. The only concern I have is that I'm not sure if the rails will fit the bed frame.


2. Family Sleeper
If I had all the money in the world… I would definitely get this one. Cost a whooping $215 (plus tax and shipping). But this product totally makes sense.
I could move his crib right next to ours and then use this on his crib and roll it to our bed so there isn't a gap between the crib and our bed.

Still tossing around with both options.
I'm not sure what other options there are. If you can think of any, let me know! Email me!

Update to post:
I read this… and thought this was a pretty damn good idea - A DIY Co-Sleeper
http://amandamedlin.com/2013/11/diy-co-sleeper-pretty-little-quilt/