Tuesday, May 6, 2014

New York City House Hunting with a Baby

So we're going to be in NYC for the summer for Z's internship. And I must say, for our budget, all we could get were really small and very old apartments in mid town. It's soooo small and soooo old that it should be illegal for people to charge that much money!

We took baby on a 3 hour drive (yes! traffic) to NYC and parked in a garage we found on upper west (79th/1Av) that charged $10 for the day. Then we walked all around town with the baby from 10:30 to 6pm. Non stop! The only time we stopped was for a 30 mins lunch break. So I must say the iAngel carrier is superb for the 7 hour walk around town. Google Maps distance measured almost 10 miles of walking today (16km!!)



The little man was in the carrier the whole time except over lunch. After all that walking, I think he finally enjoyed sitting in his car seat. Definitely way more comfortable in the car seat as compared to the carrier.

Happily chilling out with mommy

Taking a stretch during lunch

Anyhow, I'm definitely NOT looking forward to moving during summer. It's only for 10 weeks, but I must say I'm starting to count down (to the end, not to the start) because that city is totally not baby friendly at all… Today's weather was perfect spring weather (20 deg C), but it was extremely hot (by my standards). I can't imagine what hot humid summer is going to be like.