Friday, April 25, 2014

Transitioning baby to his crib

So we bought a crib before the little one was born, and till today, he hasn't slept a single night in it. So I thought I had to do some sleep training. But then half way through last night I realized he doesn't have a sleep problem. He does almost sleep through the night (yes I wake him for a feed for certain reasons). Our problem was that he is way too attached to our bed instead of his crib.

So I would call this....  Crib training. Last night was tough. I can't have the baby cry more than 309 seconds. It so.... Heart breaking. I feel like I want to just pick him up and snuggle in bed with the little man, and hearing him pour out tears in his crib felt as if I had abandoned him. All for his own good... And ours too I know. Tough! But no one said it was going to be easy.

So anyway, at midnight, I caved, and brought him back to bed with us. Tough I would say he managed to sleep in the crib for the second half of the night. Round 2 try out again tonight.... Pray we get some progress!