Monday, October 14, 2013

First Visit to Penn Obgyn

It's been 5 weeks since I last saw Dr Jozsa.... So technically, i missed one appointment in between.

So... seeing a doctor in the USA is so different from Dubai. With Dr Jozsa, I get to see the little bean every time I see the Doc. And I get to bring back souvenir images!! In the US, I would say it's pretty backward (considering that the cost of each obgyn visit is higher than Dubai).

For starters - blood pressure is taken using one of those old school hand pump with a dial. Not the electronic ones where you just push one button... and it's done. Blood pressure today was 116/72. A little higher than my usual, but still normal i guess???

Then... there's no scan. Doc just listened to the heart beat using a handheld doppler... And she used a measuring tape to measure the belly... Hmmm... that's really new to me. She said I was average, and the bean's heartbeat is about 138 (which is also about average).

Conclusion - I'm not considered high risk - which is great. But it was all over in like a minute.
I really would have liked to see the bean... This is one of the few times I wish I was back in Dubai. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Weight check: 147lb (66.6kg). That's another 2kg in the last 4.5 weeks!