Monday, February 29, 2016

Sibling Love

Sibling jealousy was one big worry I had when Jed was born. But I guess that's normal given that Shane has had everyone's attention since birth. So we kinda embarked on a spend-quality-time-alone-with-Shane mission. This proved useful so far. 

Initially, I could see Shane standing at the corner looking at Jed while he was nursing. I was glad there was no hitting of his little brother and no shouting and screaming. He was just jealous from afar. In the days after getting back from the hospital (and after recovering from my c-section), we took Shane out to play in the snow and went to places with him (just the 3 of us) and left Jed at home with grandma. We showed him that we still loved him just as always. Yes, it was very tiring managing both at the same time. Yet there is so much joy is watching Shane love his brother and looking out for him. Each time when Jed cries, he would ask and let me go pick Jed up even though mama and Shane were busy playing together. 

The affectionate big brother displays his love by a cheek to cheek touch. I felt bad pulling them apart many times because Shane had a runny nose and smeared all his booger all over his newborn brother. 


I pray this brotherly love continues as they grow older.

Loving my boys so much...