Saturday, November 23, 2013

Week 38 and a non-stress test for the bean

Usual stuff… Went in to see Dr Renbaum for the weekly checks in the midst of my Greenbuild Conference (so glad that Greenbuild was held in Philadelphia this year, and the doc was located a 10 mins walk from the convention centre).

She asked  if the bean was moving as much. Well, he wasn't exactly moving all that much as compared to a few weeks back. I read on google that it was because he's out of space and can't wriggle as much. But doc still did send me over to Penn Hospital for a non stress test. Ahhh… but that meant that I might not be able to attend the Opening Keynote speech by Hillary Clinton and the Bon Jovi concert after.

So, i got strapped and hooked up to this monitor thingy that looked like the EEG machine. He didn't move for the first 20 mins. So they decided to keep me for another hour. In the next hour, bean moved, kicked and squirmed so much, that he passed the test. Phew. This meant that he's ok…



The whole procedure took about 2+ hours… and yes of course I missed the opening keynote speech and concert. But it was more because I couldn't grab a cab to North Philly. Taxi shift ends at 7pm and seems like every driver lives in south philly!